Wednesday, June 23, 2010

paper Bag Mini Album

I have almost finished my paperbag album I have been working on amongst other projects! It has 12 pages in total, 6 of each size plus 4 pull out pages. The large page is 12.5cm X 20cm while the smaller pages are 10cm X 20cm. I used 4 paper bags which started out at 20cm X 25cm. I then scored, folded and trimmed the bags, glued together, painted the edges gold then added the cardstock. The cardstock I used was the Duchess Collection by Kaisercraft. I then cut it to 12cm X 19.5cm and 9.5cm X 19.5cm, this allows you to show off a little of the paint.



Pages 1 and 2.

Pages 3 and 4. Page 4 has the pullout page, note the small notch cut out so you can pull out the pullout page.

Pages 5 and 6.

These are two of the pullout pages which I thought I would enter for a challenge for GPP Street Team, Crusade No 41 on Gridlock. I prefer the one on the left with the gaps.

Pages 7 and 8.

Pages 9 and 10.

Pages 11 and 12.
One of the other pullout pages.

The finished mini. Once i had uploaded these photos I realised my camera battery must have been a little flat and the flash had not been working too well. All I have to do now to complete it is add my photos and embellishments. Once all that is done I can then do the cover. I leave that till last so I know how wide to make the spine.

Edit; I have now completed the Paper bag album, to view the finished project click here.


8 comments:

  1. Tracy - thanks for coming to play with us! What a great looking journal!! Those grid pages are a handsome addition. Thanks for sharing with our team. Welcome aboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, I'm a new crusader too... your grids are great. I love working on paper bags and have made a couple mini journals, but not with such cool pull-out pockets! Happy creations, tj in germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my work Girls. This was my first challange, but will not be the last. TJ, the extra pull-out pages are a great way to "get a little more" into your mini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun journal and great grid pages too!
    Cheers,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool colors! I can imagine this will be beautiful when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super journal and I love the colours that you used in your grid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great looking journal, the pull out pages are fantastic, good idea to make your grid on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic project - I have never tried one of these but yours makes it look very tempting. The cardstock range you've used is such nice soft colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my papercrafting products and projects.