Thursday, June 3, 2010

Name Plaques

Recently some friends moved into their new home and I made some name plaques to go on the children's bedroom doors.
There are several steps to a project like this, first I painted the edges of the wooden plaques and the large letters, after giving them a light sand. If you need to add more than one coat of paint you may need to sand between coats. I then cut out the paper, added the embellishments and letters. The letters are inked onto card stock on the first one and painted on the second and third. I then cut each letter out by hand and mounted with magic mount.
As the first one had quite a short name i though I would add a flower, and as I didn't have one the right size or colour I inked a white one and added some watered down gold paint then folded in half with the yellow one and attached them with a 2cm brad. The gold paint also helped blend it in to the pink and gold wash...read on.
Originally I had decided i was going to give the crackle paint one more go...i don't have any luck with it!  And nor did I this time, so in the end when it didn't "crackle" I made a paint wash if you like, watered down gold paint over the top of the pink and black paints. In the end I was quite happy with the result. The last step is to glue or stick it all together. Doing this step last allows you to use brads or other types of embellishments that need to go through the printed paper or card stock base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reply to comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at my papercrafting products and projects.