Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Card Challenge (take 2)

This is take two of the card challenge being held over at Riverland Kaszazz Scrapbooking.
The Challenge is to make a card using only the products in the kits plus stamps, inks and punches.

I decided I was going to use a stamp from Hero Arts called "Love Birds" K4888 (if you want to use the same stamp) I stamped the black tag with white versa magic ink.
I then stamped the same image twice in black staz on ink on the white cardstock, cut the red cardstock in half and stamped the image again. I used my Fiskars border punch (sorry don't know the name) and edged the white card base, the tag and one piece of the red cardstock. I also trimmed the tag down to be the same width as the card.


I then lined up the red cardstock with one of the stamped images and the cut down tag next to it. Added the ribbon, this covered where the "love" was. With the remaining red cardstock I cut out a love tag, then stamped it again on the back to cut out the second love tag. Added the white stitching to match the ribbon. These love tags are then mounted with magic mount/sticky dots/3D mount anything to make them stick and POP. The last things added was the rhinestone.
Tools used other than items in the kit;
Hero Arts Love Birds stamp K4888
Fiskars border punch
Versa Magic, cloud white
Staz on ink, Black
Inkssentials Opaque pen, white
Brayer (for rubbing over stamp)
Double sided tape
Magic Mount

I hope you enjoyed my "How I did it" if you have any questions or would like to leave a comment please do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reply to comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at my papercrafting products and projects.