Monday, January 30, 2012

Back to school

Well today my 3 boys headed back to school. I now have one in high school (yr 9) and the two little ones are yr 5 and yr 2 this year.

Yesterday I was getting the last minute things ready for school, bags packed, uniforms ready even packing most of the lunchboxes last night! Just had to make sandwiches this morning (we shall see how long this lasts) I went and did the grocery shopping too, and boy the cost of things are going up! So I headed to my in-laws to get some fruit and vegetables, I also went to a local roadside stall for the melons...this is what I got :)


From my in-laws I got seedless grapes, capsicums, sweet peppers, tomatoes, grape and cherry tomatoes...oh and some home made pickles in the silver bowl (all the more yummier as I didn't make them) The melons I paid for from a local roadside stall...all for $12.00! That massive watermelon was 15.4kg and was $8.00. And you know what? There is dirt on the capsicums, some of the tomatoes are split and a few of the grape berries are bad...I washed them, sorted them - we ate the tomatoes that were split last night in the salad. But here is something they don't have...chemicals! Which means they won't hold that long in the fridge...not that they will last! We have eaten a quarter of the melons already!


Here are the melons all cut up (I needed to so they would fit in the fridge!) While I was cutting them up I did the lunchboxes and also cut some into smaller slices so the boys could just grab a piece when they wanted to. It saves making a mess each time they want some, in fact I am sitting here eating some of the watermelon right now, trying not to dribble the juices all down myself. (but not succeeding very well)
I have gotten quite a bit done first day back, I headed to the gym, went to work for a few hours, done some washing (never ending in my house). Now just waiting for the camera battery to charge to I can take and upload some more goodies for tomorrow night sale at passion 4 papercrafting.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting, Tracy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reply to comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at my papercrafting products and projects.